Galen Hall, Tom Nicholas, Colleen Schmidt, "The faulty science, doomism, and flawed conclusions of Deep Adaptation." openDemocracy, 2020.
- B.Sc. in Physics, Brown University, 2020
- Year-long study abroad at Oxford University in Physics and Philosophy, 2018-2019
- 2019-Present: Researcher, Climate and Development Lab at Brown University
- Led multiple research teams on projects relating to the politics and social science of climate change in the United States.
- Contributed to multiple academic papers, public reports, and talks to both scholarly and public audiences
- Leading a grant-funded project to analyze patterns of support and opposition for climate and clean energy policies across ~2 dozen state legislatures.
- Summer 2018: Research Assistant in applied ethics for Professor Lucas Stanczyk, Harvard University
- Reviewed the scientific and philosophical literature on solar radiation management; compiled a series of arguments for and against its further research.
- 2016-2017: Research Assistant, Brown University Graphics Lab
Kate Dooley, Christian Holz, Sivan Kartha, Sonja Klinsky, J. Roberts, Henry Shue, Harald Winkler, Tom Athanasiou, Simon Caney, Elizabeth Cripps, Navroz Dubash, Galen Hall, Paul Harris, Bård Lahn, Darrel Moellendorf, Benito Müller, Ambuj Sagar, Peter Singer, "Ethical choices behind quantifications of fair contributions under the Paris Agreement." Nature Climate Change, 2021.
Robert Brulle, Galen Hall, Loredana Loy, Kennedy Schell-Smith, "Obstructing action: foundation funding and US climate change counter-movement organizations." Climatic Change, 2021.
Who delays climate action? Interest groups and coalitions in state legislative struggles in the United States
Trevor Culhane, Galen Hall, J. Roberts, "Who delays climate action? Interest groups and coalitions in state legislative struggles in the United States." Energy Research & Social Science, 2021.
Joshua Basseches, Rebecca Bromley-Trujillo, Maxwell Boykoff, Trevor Culhane, Galen Hall, Noel Healy, David Hess, David Hsu, Rachel Krause, Harland Prechel, J. Roberts, Jennie Stephens, "Climate policy conflict in the U.S. states: a critical review and way forward." Climatic Change, 2022.